Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pocket Purse from 6 inch Practice Quilting Block

Do you have many practice quilt sandwiches just lying around?  Well,  I had practiced some designs with gold thread on leftover drapery lining laundered several times to remove the soil-resistant finish.   The gold thread, used on top and bottom, really looked great. Needing to make another sample Pocket Purse,  I hand dyed the fabric.  The batting shrunk, giving the fabric a great texture. 
With the quilted fabric, I was able to leave out the lining, so it only took about 30 minutes to make the Pocket Purse.  To dress it up, I used a gold paint stick in the center of each design.  Then I rubbed some leftover flecks on the zipper.  I took an 1/8" strip of  the dyed sandwich and zigzag stitched over it with the gold thread to make a matching cording and added large-eyed beads.  In less than an hour, I had a great looking Pocket Purse and had used up some of my supplies.  A win-win!


No comments:

Post a Comment